AUSTIN ADOPTIONS ONLY. PLEASE READ TOTAL DESCRIPTION BEFORE CONSIDERING ADOPTION.
Jazzy is a five year old Cavalier King Charles. She currently weighs 20 lbs. and need to lose 6 to 7 lbs. Yes, she is adorable but please do your homework on Cavaliers. They can have health related issues. She has been to a certified heart specialist for her assessment. She currently has a Grade 2 heart murmur. She requires no medication at this time. We are committed to finding her the best possible family match.
- At least one person who is home most of the time.
- Will have yearly check-ups done to monitor her heart.
- Someone who is committed to continuing her diet and walking/daily exercise.
- Adult household. Her ears and tail would be too tempting for a young child to tug on.
- No swimming pool.
Fun facts about Jazzy:
- Very smart and likes to please.
- 100% Velcro dog, loves me near her human 24/7.
- Dances when the harness comes out for walk time.
- Is housetrained and knows several commands, i.e. sit – stay – lay down – go to bed.
- Loves playing with toys, other dogs her size, and doing the zoomies around the house.
- Is shy with strangers but warms up quickly. Likes men and women equally, would do fine with older, dog savvy children.
- Likes watching TV and will voice her opinion with low growling, especially if there is an animal conflict on the screen.
- She will sleep on a dog bed on the floor. But her favorite place is on the bed, next to her human, under the covers, belly up, with her head near your pillow.
Jazzy’s adoption fee of $700.00 includes a vet exam, current vaccinations, heartworm & fecal tests, monthly heartworm prevention, flea treatment, spay, and microchip.
If you live in the Austin area and are interested in adopting, please fill out an application.
Please be aware that we rarely have information on our dogs being good with cats as most of our foster homes don’t have them.
Adoption decisions are based on the best overall match and not done on a first-come-first-serve basis.